The actor on liking trends, being open, and dressing up
1) Be open to new things. I've been a model and an actress since the age of 13. You have to be a chameleon in this business. As a model, you entrust yourself to incredible teams of people who do whatever they want with you visually, so you have to be open.
2) There are no rules! I'm inspired by films or images – I try to recreate them. The designer Riccardo Tisci made me a pair of leather trousers, like leggings. I would never have thought to wear them, but I do all the time.
3) Simple yet sexy is my mantra. Givenchy and Stella McCartney are my favourite designers, and I also love Alexander McQueen. I wore an Alexander McQueen to one of the Lord of the Rings premieres and it's one of my favourite dresses.
4) I love to dress up and see how people interpret me. I'm open to trying new things. I do not wear a lot of jewellery and accessories. What I love is classic, timeless things; clothes that create a silhouette; high-waisted trousers and, of course, my Converse.
5) I like trends, especially if they're a take on a classic fashion piece. I have a Givenchy clutch bag with studded shoulder strap that I carry every day. And I think every woman should have a pair of Lanvin flats.
Liv Tyler is the face of Very Irresistible Givenchy L'Intense Eau de Parfum, available from 9 March