French ELLE, June 2009, Photos by Satoshi Saikusa, Scans by Aliice and by Liz from SexyStevenTyler.com, Translation by Aliice
Under Nicolas Degennes brushes, artistic director of Givenchy Make-up, Liv Tyler, the actress with a charming smile, wears three make-ups which are up this summer. Sunny, sparkling or rock: find out these three glamorous faces.
Sunny like Romy: Nicolas Degennes: "Like Romy Schneider in "La Piscine", Liv has a glowing spontaneity that I translate with a moist skin effect and an utlra-tanned sun-tanning."
- For a Santa Fe tan: Use a colorless powder as a base, then use a sun-tanning with a big brush. To "roast" the skin, use an orange blush above cheekbones. In bonus, it gives life to the sun-tanning.
- For a wet effect: The secret is to catch the light to stimulate the water reflection. A powder composed with white pearl will create the illusion on eyelids and shoulders. On lips, it's a transparency gloss witch will do it. Though, we have to avoid too much pearl effect, too much glitter and not wet enough.
Givenchy Make-up Le Make-Up, with Skin Drink Soft, Tan To Go n°1, Primissime Mat & Glow n°73, Miser Bright Sun n°72, Prisme Again! Blush Glow n°72, Phenomen'Eyes n°1 and Gloss n°2.
Hair style by Damien Boissinot, with Shampoo Optimisateur de Couleur Pigma'Up dark hair and Gel Hair by Camille Alabane (clothes Antik Batik)
Sparkling like Tinkerbelle: Nicolas Degennes: "Liv looks like an heroin of modern fairy-tales, I have stress on her lighting tan, her glance with a daring mix of pink on lips and orange nails."
- For an aristocratic tan: Massage the skin with a base tan (or primer) it texture catches the light without any thickness. Exactly what we want in summer when we don't want to be tanned.
- Strawberry-apricot duet: Uncoordinated lips and nails, it's very modern. With your finger, smooth your lips with a pink lipstick, and lightened this look with a orange juicy nail polish.
Givenchy Make-up Le Make-Up, with Skin Drink Soft, Activ'Mine n°6, Photo Perfexion n°2 and n°7, Prisme Libre n°5, Prisme Again! n°10, Prisme Again! Visage Sun Mango, Magic Kajal n°1, Phenomen'Eyes n°1, Prisme Again! Eyes n°14, Eyebrow Show n°2, Gloss Interdit n°06 and Vernis Please! n°162. Manucure by Brenda Abrial. (Underskirt by Chanel)
Rock like Patti Smith: Nicolas Degennes: "Liv is a rock child (her father is Steven Tyler, of Aerosmith rockband) with a crazy side that she completely assumes. In her private life, she sings a lot, she has a wonderful voice. I translate this with a strong glance and a blazing mouth."
- For a dark glance: There is nothing better than a dark and greasy khôl, to put inside the eye, on the top like on the bottom. Be careful, it will trickle a little bit but it's rock n'Roll. To avoid these streams, use a transparency powder on the lower eyelid. And put a lot of mascara on eyelashes.
- For the mouth: Orange. Put the lipstick with your finger to color your lips. Then correct the edges with a nude pen.
- To put a 80's blush. Forget about the round healthy powder on the cheekbones, dig up the cheeks with brown blush, to put in diagonal from the hear to under the cheekbones.
Givenchy Make-up Le Make-Up, with Skin Drink Soft, Activ'Mine n°6, Photo Perfexion n°2 and n°7, Prisme Libre n°5, Perfect Again! n°10, Prisme Again! Visage n°13, Magic Kajal n°1, Phenomen'Eyes n°1 and Rouge Interdit n°14. Make-Up by Nicolas Degennes. Hairstyle Camille Albane by Damien Boissinot (Dress Roberto Cavalli)
Right-Click here to download behind-the-scenes clip!(Right-Click and "Save Target As ...")